The Wayne County Museum is a two-story Jeffersonian revival style house built by the Goldsboro Woman’s Club. Within these walls are three permanent exhibits, one rotating exhibit room, and a ballroom that contribute to the house’s twelve total rooms. The War Room This room houses a permanent collection of war memorabilia, uniforms, and weaponry showing Wayne County’s involvement in war from the colonial era to present day. Wayne County Farm Life It is no new fact that Wayne County is a very agrarian county much like most of North Carolina. On permanent display is a layout of typical items found in a post-Depression era home and a wide array of farm equipment, textiles, the technology of the day. Back in the USO Days The Goldsboro Woman’s Club headquarters temporarily transformed into a United Service Organization (USO) from 1940-1945. Several items remain from the time this time including the neon sign that hung outside, a jukebox that has been restored, World War II propaganda posters, uniforms, and more. The Ballroom The majority of the second floor is a ballroom and stage. During the USO days, these were used for regular performances and dances. Many dance attendees met their future spouses at the USO! This space is now available for rent for special events. This is also the home of the original “Lady in the Park” statue that formally stood in Herman Park.